Mushroom Harvest on Tanacross, Inc.
One outcome of last summer’s Eagle Trail Wildfire is that morel mushrooms and other fungi may flourish this spring if weather patterns are right. Please be aware that Tanacross, Inc. has the following policies for entry onto its lands:
1. Tanacross Inc. lands are closed to entry by everyone except by permit.
2. Entry to Tanacross, Inc. lands is restricted to Tanacross, Inc. shareholders, Tanacross Village tribal members, their descendants, and members of their households who have a valid permit.
3. Tanacross, Inc. shareholders, Tanacross Village tribal members, their descendants, and members of their households who enter on Tanacross, Inc. land between May 9 and July 1, 2011 must have a harvest permit from Tanacross, Inc. A copy of the permit must be kept on your person. Other copies must be kept on the dashboard of your parked vehicle and taped to your tethered boat in a place it can be seen.
4. Harvest permits are only available by appearing in person at the Tanacross, Inc. office in Tanacross. The office is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays, between May 9 and July 1.
5. At the sole discretion of Tanacross, Inc., mushroom harvest under permit may be opened to non-shareholders at a later date.
6. If harvest is opened to non-shareholders, the flat fee for a permit will be $100. The fee is waived for Tanacross, Inc. shareholders, Tanacross Village tribal members, their descendants, and members of their households.
7. If the decision is made to open harvest to non-shareholders, notice will be provided by posters in the Tok and Tanacross Post Offices and via local radio stations
.8. These policies will be enforced by patrols. Please understand when you are asked to produce a copy of your permit. Violators will be prosecuted.
Please call the Tanacross, Inc. office at 883-4130 if you have any questions.